Amanda Cabot’s Gingerbread Pumpkin Pie

Hi Everyone,
www.amandacabot.com
I’m a fan of both gingerbread and pumpkin pie, so when I learned about this combination, I couldn’t wait to try it.  I made a few changes to reduce the calories and cholesterol and was pleased that none of them affected the flavor.  It’s wonderful!


Prepare a deep 10” pie plate by either spraying it with a non-stick floured coating like Baker’s Joy or by greasing it and dusting it with flour.


Prepare 1 small box of gingerbread according to directions and spread in pie plate.  (I make my own gingerbread from scratch, but the packaged cake mix is easier.)

In a medium sized bowl, stir together until well mixed:

1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

1/3 cup sugar

2 egg whites

½ cup milk, preferably fat-free

½ tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp nutmeg

¼ tsp cloves

Pour filling over the center of the gingerbread, being careful not to pour it all the way to the edges.  (You’re trying to make a crust.)

Swirl the filling into the gingerbread, if desired.  (I prefer to keep the filling separate, but you might like the swirled effect.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the filling is set.

Cool thoroughly, then refrigerate.

Makes 8 to 10 servings.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I think I'll have to make it for our small group. We have dessert night every other month.

    ReplyDelete