The heroine in my June book, A Baby Between Them, earns extra money by selling pies and cookies. She likes to experiment with new recipes and while this is not a pie she would have prepared, it is one I developed during one of my own ‘experiments’. It also has the benefit of being ‘no cook’ and has a tasty low calorie version.
Ginger Snap Pie
• 2 pounds ginger snap cookies
• 1 4oz package vanilla instant pudding mix prepared to package directions
• 1 16 oz tub whipped cream topping, thawed
• 1 square dish approx 9x9
• Chopped nuts (optional)
• Combine pudding and 1/2 of whipped cream
• Take a cookie and spread one side with a generous dollop of pudding mixture.
• Place cookie in dish standing vertically with pudding side against the side of the dish.
• Repeat process until bowl is filled. (You may not use all cookies, depending on dimension of dish and how much filling you put between cookies)
• Cover with remaining whipped cream
• Sprinkle chopped nuts on top if desired
• Refrigerate until ready to serve
• Best if allowed to chill at least two hours or overnight
• For a lower calorie alternative, you can find fat free/sugar free versions of all ingredients
To learn about Winnie and her books go to: http://www.winniegriggs.com/